Thursday, October 13, 2011

Turkey Stroganoff


I found this recipe for "Poor Man's Stroganoff":


I changed it up a bit to make it slightly healthier, as well as gluten free, although it was almost gluten free without having to do much. I changed the following things:

ground turkey instead of beef
low fat Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
organic (no HFCS!) ketchup instead of tomato paste (only because I was out of tomato paste)
regular bacon instead of turkey (it's what I had on hand)
rice flour instead of flour
I doubled the garlic, as usual :-)

I served it to my kids (and myself) over egg noodles, and served it over rice pasta to my husband, who is trying a gluten free diet. It was absolutely heavenly all around. And an added bonus, the house smells like bacon and garlic. Two of my favorite things. Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment