Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Whole Wheat Spinach Feta Quiche

I haven't made quiche in quite a while, and had a ton of eggs to use up this week. About a dozen boiled eggs later, I decided quiche was the way to go to finish off the eggs. Here is a link to my last quiche post from about 17 months ago:

http://mommysmuffins.blogspot.com/search/label/quiche

This time, I used whole wheat flour for the crust, and used six whole eggs mixed with milk for the filling. I also used the following:

1/2 of a fresh mozzarella ball, sliced
2/3 cup frozen chopped spinach, defrosted on the counter for about 30 minutes
5 chopped up Trader Joe's frozen pre-cooked turkey meatballs
1 small chopped up tomato
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

After baking the crust for the initial 20 minutes covered loosely in foil, I topped it with the tomatoes and spinach, then added the feta and mozzarella before pouring the egg mixture over top. I baked it for another 35 minutes, uncovered, and knew it was time to remove it from the oven when the top of the mozzarella slices were slightly golden brown. I let it sit on the counter to cool for about an hour, and it sliced perfectly for lunch. Healthy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment