Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chewy Oat Bars

My friend JoAnna sent me this delicious recipe:


I made the following changes:

I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, and 1/2 cup white flour
Took out 1/2 of a stick of butter (so I used 3/4 of the butter it called for)
Took out half of the chocolate chips
Added 1/4 cup of ground flax seed
Added 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Added 3/4 cup sliced almonds

Instead of a 9x13 inch pan, I scooped the dough into two greased 8x8 glass dishes. I was holding my 9 month old while I made them, and she refused to let me put her down. My 9x13 inch pan was too high for me to reach while holding her, so I used the ones that were more accessible. If you don't have kids, you now think I'm ridiculous. If you have kids, you probably understand. :)

These came out so so so good, and were pretty simple to make. They were delicious straight out of the oven, all warm and gooey, but they will make a great snack later when they firm up a bit as well. And the best part, they are fairly healthy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment