Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Scrumptious Chicken Salad




Unfortunately, I have had to go dairy-free due to nursing issues with my new baby. So, I am trying to make the experience as yummy as possible!

This chicken salad is pretty easy to throw together, takes advantage of leftovers, and tastes great on bread (of which I can only eat a very limited variety right now), or on it's own. In my opinion, the dill makes the chicken salad! This recipe yields about 3-4 servings.

Ingredients:

1.5-2 cups of shredded leftover rotisserie chicken
2/3 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup chopped carrots
2/3 cup quartered red grapes
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
mayonnaise to taste (I use about 2/3 cup and add more if necessary)
1 t onion salt
1/2 t garlic powder
2 t dried dill
salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, blend mayo and seasonings. Add walnuts, grapes and veggies, and mix well. Add chicken last, and gently mix until evenly distributed.

Serve chilled on bread or with crackers.



No comments:

Post a Comment