Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pulled Pork BBQ in the Crockpot


I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Southern-Pulled-Pork/Detail.aspx

I first made it last month and Dan and I both really enjoyed it. I followed the recipe pretty closely, but I did make one change. an hour before the pork was done cooking, I removed about a cup of the liquid, and added a bottle of Sticky Fingers BBQ sauce. I stirred it up and let it cook for the last hour. All I can say is YUM.

Some tips:

*Use whole wheat rolls if using it for sandwiches to make it slightly healthier
*Chop up your onion and garlic together in a food processor (I'll do anything to avoid chopping an onion)
*Use only Sticky Fingers sauce; I have yet to find one that even comes close




I decided to make it again today, and I doubled the recipe so we will have quite a bit leftover (don't double the water; I would add maybe an extra 2 cups). I plan to freeze half of it for a rainy (or snowy) day. :-)



(The last picture on the right is what it looks like in my crockpot right after I shred the meat, remove a little liquid, and right before I add the Sticky Fingers sauce).

No comments:

Post a Comment