Sunday, December 20, 2009

Insanely Delicious Steak Marinade


I searched allrecipes.com for a good marinade recipe that used ingredients I already had in my kitchen. I didn't find one specific recipe that I liked, so I took some tips from a bunch of them, and added the following to my blender:

1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce (I just discovered that it contains HFCS. I am not pleased. I will look for a replacement sauce to use once we have used up our bottle).
Juice of one large lemon
3 T Herbs de Provence
1 t white pepper
1 T garlic powder
1 T Tabasco Sauce



It literally took me about three minutes to pull all of the ingredients and blend them up. (Tip--before squeezing the juice out of the lemon, roll it on the counter to loosen up the juices). I poured the marinade over two porterhouse steaks,
covered the dish in plastic wrap, and let it marinate for a few hours before broiling them. (We would have used the grill, but it is currently buried in almost two feet of snow). :-)

I served the steak with baked potatoes and a simple salad (I always keep cucumbers, red peppers, and mixed greens on hand to throw together a salad). It was quick, easy, and pretty healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Going to try this next week. My husband is always looking for great marinades.

    Thank You

    ReplyDelete